Thursday, April 19, 2007

What was that woman thinking?

So The Boss Lady is heading out of town early in the morning. She will be gone one night at least. So she was feeling a little guilty about it tonight. Added to that she had a wicked rough day at work. So we went shopping tonight. She bought clothes, the kids each got a $10 toy and I scored a PlayStation 2 and four games. Since the PS3 is out, they are practically giving these things away. And the games were all on sale, too.

Sure it is not the newest thing out, but it is plenty cool enough to keep me entertained for years since I have not owned a console video game since the first generation Atari. Now those games kicked butt and all, but I am looking forward to hitting the couch and playing hours of Gran Turismo 4 tomorrow.

I guess I'll have to wait until the kids are asleep to really get any good playtime in. Can you say "everyone under 6 years old takes a long nap on Friday"?

4 comments:

Idaho Dad said...

When I was a kid, I was a master at the Mattel Intellivision. Fast forward 25 years -- I can never figure out all the buttons on these new game controllers! What, do you have to take a class to learn how to use those things?

Terry said...

I am with you Phil...

I am soo ashamed that anyone under the age of 10 can kick my arse at these new fangled games.

I ache for the simpler days when all you needed was a joystick and a button!!

And Mike, I am still lovin my original Playstation....

Aaron Bennett said...

PS2 is my number one "Afternoon Nap" activity. I'm looking forward to the day when my son routinely beats me down in Madden 2012!

Love Bears All Things said...

I wonder how you got that guilt thing to work. My hubby is away on business about half the time. since I control the money, maybe I should buy myself a toy every time he leaves.