Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Listen to that!

The new car comes with 3 months of activation on the XM satellite radio. I tend to use the direct MP3 input more than I listen to CDs or radio, so I won't be extending the service after the trial period ends.

But I have to say I love, love, love the old country stations on XM. It jut isn't worth $12 a month to hear George Jones, Conway Twitty and Loretta Lynn. Especially since we have the best of the country stations XM on our DirecTV system, so I can always watch XM radio on TV. Still, they lower the price to $6 a month and I am in...

And even though XM feeds my country music obsession on multiple channels, the best thing going is Radio Disney. Dallas, San Antonio and Houston all have AM radio stations that broadcast Radio Disney, but all of the stations are too far off and too low power to pick up here. The kids have sampled Radio Disney on car trips, but I did not realize we already had daily access to RD. For free.

Turns out there is a live web feed at http://radio.disney.go.com/music/player/listen_live.html. You just have to use a PC and Windows... Also, there is some other cools stuff over on RDs homepage.

XM directly broadcast into my car may not be in my future, but I suspect we will be hearing a lot of Radio Disney around here in the coming days.

No comments: