Monday, July 09, 2007

Too bad you can't smell this post...

The Princess and I put our garden fresh veggies to use tonight. After I picked about 5 pounds of cucumbers and 3 pounds of green beans, we started searching for the stuff to make some salsa. We started our cooking project with a pound or two of Roma tomatoes then we pulled some onions, picked a dozen different peppers and stopped by our patio planter/herb bar to pick the last of the cilantro and some parsley.

The Princess had fun running the food processor to chop up everything that we needed for our first batch of salsa for the season. After she chopped the first of the onions we opened the bowl and both got blasted right in the eyes with the onion fumes. Yeah for salsa that makes you cry!

While it was simmering, the whole house started to smell like our favorite Mexican food place. If you could take a snort of the air around here, you would want to move in. This salsa is going to be good. All thanks to The Princess' excellent chopper work.

Since you can't smell it, I'll at least let you take a peek at our home made salsa extravaganza.


Now we are just waiting for the salsa to cool down a little. That and we are out of taco chips. Actually we have some, but they are stale. And I am not wasting this stuff on stale chips. So The Boss Lady chipped in and is currently making a grocery run.

3 comments:

Working Gal said...

I would love to start a small garden - although, in Arizona it is a little bit tough with the weather and all. Any chance you could write a post (or 2 or 3) with ideas for a starter garden - i.e. - what to plant, what kind of soil, how big an area, helpful tips.... I'm a complete novice.

(by the way - I've been lurking on all my favorite blogs...just haven't been commenting or posting to my own blog!)

Ginger said...

Oh, the salsa sounds wonderful!

Mike said...

You know WG, I will do that. gimme a couple of days to get it done and a couple of days to put off getting it done...