Tuesday, July 10, 2007

No children were harmed in the writing of this post

It was just a really ugly coincidence.

The kids were painting on big sheets of cardboard, on the front porch. Which is right next to the driveway. Which is where my pretty new black car resides.

Red paint, blue paint, purple paint. All the colors of the rainbow and a few more.

But it was that can of red paint that flashed before my eyes when I saw the red splatter running down the side of my shiny black car.

Thankfully, it was red bubble gum. I guess I ran over it today and it smeared from the front tire all the way back to the back door. It washed off pretty well, after a lot of elbow grease, some coaxing and a little old fashioned cussing under the breath. OK, maybe it wasn't TOTALLY under my breath at first, but that was when I thought my car had been splatter painted .

In the end my car got it's second wash in as many days. And it's showing off some shiny black glory out in the driveway. Where there is absolutely NO red bubblegum allowed.

1 comment:

Love Bears All Things said...

That's what garages are for.