Saturday, October 23, 2004

Not a Fun Weekend

The funeral for AtHomeDaddy's 82 year old grandmother was held this morning. The entire AtHomeFam went to the service. It was a huge source of pride to have the kids there, and appropriate, too, since my grandmother spent most of her life helping educate the kids in her community.

She worked at the local school for more than 30 years and I wonder how many people she taught to read. Most of all, though, I am truly appreciative of a compliment I received from Ma Ma a few weeks ago. She frequently would let me know when she thought I was "playing too rough" with her great-grandkids. But then one day she let me know that "Whatever you are doing with the kids, keep it up, because it is working. They are great kids." Yes, ma'am they are great kids.

And believe me, after that many years of working in schools, my Ma Ma knew a lot about great kids!

1 comment:

Justa Dad said...

I’m really sorry to hear about the loss of your Grand Mother. I’ve been off the computer for a few days and just now read your posting about her. She sounded very special. I can tell her influence, and memory is a source of great pride for you.

Your family will be in our prayers.