Thursday, October 14, 2004

Somebody is Listening

While driving the kids to the Pediatrician's office, The Boss Lady and I were talking about how cool it would be to have an old car. OK, actually I was talking about it, she was saying, "Uh-huh, Yeah..." I said a cool old Ranchero would be awesome. It would satisfy my desire for an old car AND a pickup would be nice to have around the house.

On the way to my guitar class tonight I left early, so that I could meander through town, down to the university. Right in our neighborhood, beside the park that the kids and I most commonly frequent, was a Ranchero, FOR SALE! I have never seen this car in our neighborhood, but it was near a guy's house who collects stuff from the early 60's. I bet he knows something about the car. I think it was either a 1957, 58, or 59. I was not able to find a pic online that looked just like it, but I don't think it was the early 60's body style. I drove past quickly, I did not want to be tempted to call The Boss Lady and beg. If it is there tomorrow, I'll take a longer peek.

Then, pulling around the corner, there is a dryer sitting in a driveway, with a sign that said simply "Works, GAS, 2yrs old, $100 OBO". After wrestling the dryer several times last week, this might have been a wiser investment.

But, Rick has his toy cars, we have a rebuilt dryer, I am a rocking guitar ace and life goes on.

2 comments:

Lucidream said...

Somebodys listening...is it wonderful when that happens..waiting to see if you get the car lol! Your quips about your family life hits straight home! Love your blog.

Rick said...

The old car thing sure is contagious. huh?