Monday, March 19, 2007

And THAT is how I end a vacation

The Boss Lady told everyone at work that she would not be in until 11 am this morning. Originally we planned to drive back from Florida on late Sunday afternoon and she knew we would need the extra hours to get ready for the week.

Last Wednesday I was running a pretty good fever at the hotel, so I slept an extra 4 or five hours that night. Since then I have felt pretty lousy thanks to an ear ache and a nasty cough. The Princess and I could have won the Disney loogie hacking contest last week...

Today I wasn't able to get into my Dr's office until 2:30, so The Boss called in while I slept all day. Once I got moving I felt OK. But it sure was nice to pawn off all my responsibilities for one more day.

Tonight I had to go to a coach's meeting for The Talker's soccer team. Anybody want to start a betting pool on the end of the season win/loss record of bunch of 4, 5 and 6 year-olds who have to endure AtHomeDaddy style coaching? Hopefully we won't suffer a season long shut out. Anything else is a victory in my book!

Hopefully I'll feel like telling you about more of our Disney World Adventures tomorrow.

2 comments:

Terry said...

Sorry you feel so lousy!!

Mike said...

I feel better...

I'm not dead, yet.