Friday, March 09, 2007

Even sardines get a little elbow room.

The Talker went to work this morning with The Boss Lady. The Princess is still sleeping. So instead of wasting my time watching CNN for a good morning rush hour car chase, I got the car all packed up.

I started last night by trying to get the cargo carrier all set up. But this morning I caved in. My lovely and brilliant wife once suggested we try to pack without using the cargo carrier. I immediately brushed that idea off for several reasons. The main argument was that we bought the danged thing, we might as well use it...

Anyways, I started packing the car and realized that it would all fit into the car, if I were to use the skills I learned back when I was loading airplanes for My So Called Aunt and Uncle Lemon. Except, this time I did not kick the boxes around or crush the corners to make them fit into the cargo space. I just used my powerful Jedi-like skills and got it all to fit inside the car, no cargo carrier required.

I am not real sure where the kids will sit. We may have to strap them to the top of the car. But that is OK because we have a good looking chrome cargo rack up there and since we paid extra for the danged thing, we might as well use it!




6 comments:

Terry said...

Poor Mike, does not get to play with his new toys!! Maybe you could hook the cargo carrier up to Marge and pull the kids around the neighborhood!! Just thinking out loud....

Angel said...

Nicely done! And room to see out the back. In our old Jeep Liberty (now gone...) we had less room than that and stacked to the ceiling. Yeah, safe. We'd take the OSST minivan if we didn't fear flames, destruction and being stranded.

Oh my, I can sense the excitement. *claps hands for the Mike ~ family*

Mike said...

Seeing out was the point of the cargo carrier. But the wife was right. Dang.

And we can pack light b/c there is a washer and dryer in the suite at WDW.

Most of the stuff we are taking is food, to keep from having to buy too much at the offically sanctioned WDW grocery stores.

Love Bears All Things said...

Mike, what is tha white thingy under the kids feet?
Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Mike said...

The white things are plastic tubs. One is full of toys that are already sorted and bagged to be passed out as The Boss Laddy sees fit along the route.

The other tub is empty, so that they can toss toy in when they are done playing with them. It will be sitting between them for the ride so that they can get toys out of it as they choose.

Anonymous said...

The Car Geek said...

What a mess on your cargo liner are... You better make something because this mess can damage your car's interior... With some proper innovation having your kids be disciplined enough not to mess out your car, I'm sure you can sort it out...