Thursday, March 08, 2007

Don't you people know waaaaaaaay too much, already?

OK, I got tagged. And If I don't do it now, I never will. But my weirdness seems to be well documented around here, so here are six random things in the order that they just popped into my head.

1. I love love love love live breaking news coverage. My sister was home sick the day President Reagan was shot. When I walked in from school, she was talking to a neighbor and I was being a pest, so she told me "The President got shot. Go watch TV." And that started my love affair with live TV news. Can you think of ANYTHING that beats watching a car chase on mid day cable news? I can't.

2. I was in high school when the first Space Shuttle blew up. My American History/Government/Economics/World History teacher let a couple of us sit in her room most of the day and watch the news coverage.

3. I once drove a golf cart all the way up a really long stairway. Yeeeeee Haw! It was at a summer camp in Indiana and they had a stairway down the hill, leading from the parking lot to the main camp. They called it the 'Stairway to Happiness'. After the drive, I renamed it 'The Highway to Hell'. Later that summer I almost cut off my own thumb...

4. I lived the same house for almost all of my first 18 years. In the 18 years since, I had 15 different mailing addresses, including summer camps, college dorms and one long summer living in a pop-up trailer before we had been married a year. Since we have been here for almost half of that time, I really had 14 addresses in 11 years. When it was just me, I loved to move. Now, I hate packing. So we will never move.

5. I love a good road trip. Since we started dating, The Boss Lady and I have made several 1000 mile car trips. I tried like a madman to talk her into a drive through the Central Western US last summer, looping up to Mt Rushmore, through the Rockies and back home. I imagine my love affair with the open road may die a cruel death later this week.

Need more insanity, Check here and here.

2 comments:

Terry said...

OMG, I was so caught up in the middle of a high-speed chase in the ATL today, still waiting for the Breaking News Story to find out what it was all about, but Hey I WAS THERE!!!!!!

Mike said...

Lucky.

Gosh.


Yep, I've been watching Napoleon Dynamite every night for a week. But I would rather watch your car chase.