Friday, March 30, 2007

That's what friends are for...

Can't you just hear Gladys Knight, Dionne Warwick, Stevie Wonder and the rest of the gang just belting it out...

If not, here they are.



So anyways, Other Dad and I went to help a neighbor this morning. Turned out to be no big deal, she just needed some strong good looking guys to help her move some furniture around, But she settled for us, since those other guys have jobs and can't help her out in the middle of the morning.

On my way over there, I noticed a lot of road noise coming from the back of my car. I just assumed one of the kid's doors wasn't closed tight. We were only driving down to the next block because of lots of rain, so I wasn't concerned about it.

I am glad we did not spend any more time at the neighbor's house. And I was going to follow Other Dad out to the Goodwill store to drop off some stuff for the neighbor. But I am really glad I went straight home. By the time we pulled into the driveway, one of our rear tires had lost most of it's air, thanks to a giant screw sticking out of the tread.

Luckily, it stopped raining for a few minutes, and I was able to swap out the spare in a hurry, since I could get to my floor jack and some decent tools. No fighting with the wimpy little stuff that came with the car. And best of all, the kids were tucked inside, watching cartoons instead of sitting in the car waiting for their looney tune dad to change a tire in the middle of a wet street.

7 comments:

Terry said...

I was so singing the song, before I clicked on the video... DAMN YOU!! Hey, look its Sir Elton, token white guy!!

Mike said...

Now it will be with you on your next road trip.

You're welcome.

And put that finger down.

Terry said...

Yes, Thank you Mike.... Thats what friends ARE for...

Terry said...

Just wondered if you saw this... Hey , there it is again..... WAYNE!! How spooky, really should I worry about you??

Mike said...

Yeah boy, now that sicko is a real Wayne.

Oda Daddy said...

Does Dionne Warwick still do those ads for Psychic Friends? Was she ever psychic? Just wondering.

-OD

Mike said...

OD,

That's right buddy. Santa and Dionne. They KNOW what you have been up to.

So be nice.